The lovely Our Amaanahs Our Futures has been kind enough to nominate me for the Liebster Awards, an annually run virtual awards that was created to celebrate and recognize new bloggers who deserve some love and recognition.
Our Amaanahs Our Futures is run by a UK mother and about, in her words, life as a UK Mummy. I’ve only just started reading her blog in the past few weeks and her dedication and attention to detail with everything she does with her little ones just really stood out to me. She’s doing a wonderful job Masha Allah!
I like the fact that there are so many wonderful activities that she does with her kids that are meant to entertain, teach and help them develop. I especially love the fact that she liberally sprinkles Islamic knowledge throughout their days as it is something that does often get neglected or left behind.
Basically, Our Amaanahs Our Futures is just an awesome Mum and basically all round fantastic person. And she writes well too! I also really respect her zero-waste outlook – it’s awesome to see people trying to take care of the Earth and minimize waste.
Now for the 10 Random Facts segment of this post (it’s required, don’t blame me).
- I used to be called The Human Dictionary
- I love to eat
- I am deathly afraid of pigeons (nasty evil flappy birds they are)
- I am slightly (slightly) nutty
- I have a lot of earrings, both in my ears and in my cupboards
- I don’t dream often
- I like twirling around my house – only when I’m alone, of course
- I have never learned how to ride a bike
- I love chocolate
- I live in Africa
- I love snail mail
Now for my nominees –
Believe me, I struggled picking these. All these blogs are wonderful and deserve a read. Go explore!
Questions for my nominees:
- What’s your favorite food?
- What’s the strangest thing about you?
- Coffee, tea or both?
- What’s the reason behind your blog’s title?
- Tell me what you’re passionate about?
Now to answer Our Amaanahs Our Futures’ questions for me! Here goes…
- Cake or biscuits? ( my favourite subject).
Cake. Yum, cake!
- One small change you could make to save the environment.
Don’t leave plugs in the wall – it’s so easy and it makes a difference!
- Share a great tip with us.
Never accept that you’re not good enough.
- How many languages can you speak?
Three. English, Urdu and Afrikaans.
- What would you do with one million pound?
First off, fund studies. Then donate half to charity. Then, buy all the books.
- Tell us your favourite quote.
Oh goodness… Well, the one I’m looking at now on the mug I got as a gift is pretty great.
Be the change you wish to see in the world – Gandhi
- If you could invent anything what would it be?
A way to store memories for future viewing – I have a terrible memory.
- Why do you blog?
I have things to say. Honestly, I blog because I want to write all these things and then I do and it seems a tiny bit of a waste to just keep them in a little notebook somewhere, never to see the light of day again. At least now, maybe someone can identify with something that I say and maybe feel a little less alone or a little less strange because someone else is like that too.
Here’s the link to the official rules of the Liebster Awards: